You know you're from Ohio if...
- You don't think of Florida first when someone mentions Miami.
- You snicker when someone's from Tiffin, because you think of the State
- You think Pro football teams are supposed to wear orange!
- You've heard of 3.2% beer.
- Schools close for the state basketball tournament. Deer season, too.
- You're proud of your state fair, but would rather go to Cedar Point.
- You know all the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter, and Construction.
- You live less than 30 miles from some college or university.
- You know what a buckeye really is, and have a recipe for candy ones.
- "Toward the lake" means "north" and "toward the river" means "south."
- You've heard of the Great Nickel Beer Night Riot.
- You know if other Ohioians are from southern or northern Ohio as soon as
they open their mouths.
- You root for a college team though you've never taken a class there.
- You can spell words like Cuyahoga, Olentangy, Bellefontaine, and
Tuscarawas *(Wapakoneta?) and you know which letter is doubled in
- You always visit more than two amusement parks in one summer.
- You know that Serpent Mounds were not made by snakes.
- You know what game they're playing when the Mud Hens take on the
- "Vacation" means spending a day at Cedar Point or King's Island.
- You measure distance in minutes.
- .Down south to you means Kentucky.
- Your school classes were canceled because of cold.
- Your school classes were canceled because of heat.
- You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way.
- You've ever had to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
- You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.
- You end your sentences with an unnecessary preposition. Example:
"Where's my coat at?"
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both
- You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jell-O
salad with marshmallows.
- You carry jumper cables in your car.
- You know what pop is.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with
- You think sexy lingerie is tube socks and a flannel nightie.
- The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page
but requires 6 pages for sports.
- You think that deer season is a national holiday.
- You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
- You thought that the Michael Stanley Band was the most popular band in
- You actually understand these jokes then forward 'em to all your OH friends!!