Alabama Travel and Tourism
Travel information for Alabama
- Alabama State Facts General information about Alabama. Includes state facts, symbols, maps, etc.
- Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Popular vacation resorts featuring expansive beaches, championship golf courses, charter fishing, seafood, and more.
- Birmingham Museum of Art - Birmingham The largest municipal museum in the Southeast.
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival - Montgomery Runs August to November at the Carolyn Blount Theatre. Ranks as the fifth largest Shakespeare festival in the world.
- VisionLand Theme Park - Bessemer Splash Beach Water Park and Magic Adventure Theme Park. Home of the wooden Rampage roller coaster.
- McWane Center - Birmingham Science center with numerous exhibits and attractions for the entire family. Also home to an IMAX theater.
- Alabama Sports Hall of Fame - Birmingham Tribute to the athletes of Alabama. Home to many great athletes including the following: Jesse Owens, Hank Aaron, Joe Louis, Willie Mays, and Carl Lewis.
- Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church - Montgomery National Historic Landmark where Reverend Martin Luther King Jr first preached.
- Russell Cave National Monument - Bridgeport Cave that was once inhabited by what is believed to be prehistoric Indians.
- US Space and Rocket Center - Huntsville Variety of space attractions including Apollo cockpit trainer, Helo Simulator, Spacewalk, and a Lunar Lander. Numerous exhibits of rockets and space memorabilia. Also home to an IMAX theater.
- Hank Williams Memorial Museum - Montgomery Memorial for the beloved country musician. Memorial services held at Oakwood Cemetery Annex often. Live country performances from various artists hosted daily.