Indiana Nursing Schools
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRNs) include clinical nurse specialists, nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists and nurse midwives. All of these play an essential role in the health care sector. These professionals are usually primary care providers and work at the forefront of providing health care services to the masses. APRNs diagnose and treat illnesses, manage chronic diseases and advise the public on health issues. They also continue their education while working so that they stay updated on all the technological and methodological developments that take place in the field. Along with the Registered Nursing (RN) license and initial nursing education, APRNs are also required to have a Master’s Degree. These professionals also come with speciality roles. For example, nurse practitioners provide acute, primary and specialty health care to people through diagnosis and treatment of injuries and illnesses. Similarly, certified nurse-midwives provide reproductive, gynecological, and primary health care.
National Estimates for Registered Nurses in Indiana
|Employment 1||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage 2||Employment per 1,000 jobs||Location quotient 9|
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a “year-round, full-time” hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(9) The location quotient is the ratio of the area concentration of occupational employment to the national average concentration. A location quotient greater than one indicates the occupation has a higher share of employment than average, and a location quotient less than one indicates the occupation is less prevalent in the area than average.
More Indiana Colleges
- Ball State University
- Goshen College
- Indiana University-Bloomington
- Indiana University-East
- Indiana University-Kokomo
- Indiana University-South Bend
- Indiana Wesleyan University
- Purdue University-Calumet Campus
- Purdue University-Main Campus
- Saint Josephs College
- University of Evansville
- University of Southern Indiana
- Valparaiso University