Kansas Nursing Schools
A bachelors of science in nursing (BSN) prepares students to work in various clinical settings including emergency rooms, traditional hospitals, specialists departments and family physicians offices. The degree provides basic instructions in subjects like research and evidence-based nursing practice, health promotion and wellness, interprofessional practice and quality improvement. Students pursuing this program can either pick electives or choose a specialization which prepares them for specialized duties. Most schools require students to complete a period of supervised experience at a clinical setting, like a health center or hospital. Usually BSN programs require a period of 4 years to complete. However, people who are currently working or already have an associate degree in nursing can graduate in a span of two years. In addition to classroom learning, this program also allows students to apply their knowledge to real-world issues.
National Estimates for Registered Nurses in Kansas
|Employment 1||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage 2||Employment per 1,000 jobs||Location quotient 9|
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a “year-round, full-time” hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(9) The location quotient is the ratio of the area concentration of occupational employment to the national average concentration. A location quotient greater than one indicates the occupation has a higher share of employment than average, and a location quotient less than one indicates the occupation is less prevalent in the area than average.
Learn about financing options available for your education.More...
Figure out if an online college is the right choice for you.More...
What it means and why it's important for your college search.More...
Learn about the skills valued by today's career world.More...
Find and compare individual courses from top schools and providers.More...
More Kansas Colleges
- Baker University School of Nursing
- Cleveland Chiropractic College of Overland Park
- Emporia State University
- Fort Hays State University
- Kansas State University
- Kansas Wesleyan University
- MidAmerica Nazarene University
- Pittsburg State University
- University of Kansas Medical Center
- Washburn University
- Wichita State University
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Geriatric Nurse Practitioner
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Associate of Science in Nursing
- How to Become a Registered Nurse
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse