Maine Nursing Schools
The doctor of nursing practice is a post-BSN medical degree. This degree is one of the two doctorate degrees in the field of nursing. People who want to become nurses either have to pursue a doctor of nursing practice or a masters of science in nursing. A doctorate of nursing degree is a program which focuses on practicing which means it includes advanced training in specific disciplines of nursing. According to The Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice, doctor of nursing practice programs should contain courses which prepare students in eight key competencies that are essential to all nursing practice roles. These include health care information systems/technology, organizational and systems leadership, interprofessional collaboration, evidence-based practice, health care policy, etc.
National Estimates for Registered Nurses in Maine
|Employment 1||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage 2||Employment per 1,000 jobs||Location quotient 9|
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a “year-round, full-time” hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(9) The location quotient is the ratio of the area concentration of occupational employment to the national average concentration. A location quotient greater than one indicates the occupation has a higher share of employment than average, and a location quotient less than one indicates the occupation is less prevalent in the area than average.
Learn about financing options available for your education.More...
Figure out if an online college is the right choice for you.More...
What it means and why it's important for your college search.More...
Learn about the skills valued by today's career world.More...
Find and compare individual courses from top schools and providers.More...
More Maine Colleges
- Doctor of Nursing Practice Online Program
- Registered Nurse to Bachelor’s in Nursing
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP)
- Become a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner
- Master’s of Science in Nursing Online
- Become a Nurse Midwife
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- How to become a Registered Nurse Online?
- Geriatric Nurse Practitioner Program
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Degree