Maryland Nursing Schools
A family nurse practitioner is a registered nurse with clinical training and specialized education in family practice. Nurse practitioners are highly trained to work with both children and adults. These professionals work with patients on maintaining wellness and health over a long term while focusing on preventive care. Many family nurse practitioners also prefer to work in communities and underserved populations. These professionals work with a variety of populations which broadens their scope of practice. Family nurse practitioners treat minor acute illness, monitor health and wellness, work in ambulatory clinics, work in hospital settings, etc. Sometimes they are also responsible for tracking and compiling the health history of one or more members of the same family. This means that they have to be familiar with the history of the family and be able to communicate with them compassionately and clearly.
National Estimates for Registered Nurses in Maryland
|Employment 1||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage 2||Employment per 1,000 jobs||Location quotient 9|
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a “year-round, full-time” hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(9) The location quotient is the ratio of the area concentration of occupational employment to the national average concentration. A location quotient greater than one indicates the occupation has a higher share of employment than average, and a location quotient less than one indicates the occupation is less prevalent in the area than average.
Learn about financing options available for your education.More...
Figure out if an online college is the right choice for you.More...
What it means and why it's important for your college search.More...
Learn about the skills valued by today's career world.More...
Find and compare individual courses from top schools and providers.More...
More Maryland Colleges
- Become a Nurse Midwife
- RN degree to BSN degree
- Licensed Practical Nurse to Bachelor’s degree
- Associate in Nursing Online degree
- Become a Registered Nurse
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- How to become a Nurse Practitioner?
- Geriatric Nurse Practitioner (GNP)
- Online Master’s in Nursing degree
- Doctor of Nursing Practice(DNP)
- LPN to ADN
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP)