Nevada Nursing Schools
Also known as advanced practice registered nurses, a pediatric nurse practitioner is a professional who specializes in providing health care services to children from their birth till they become young adults. They focus on preventive health, primary care, growth and development, etc. To become a pediatric nurse practitioner, candidates have to earn an Associate’s or Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing Degree. They are then required to take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a registered nurse. Once they clear the exam, they have to gain 1-3 years of relevant clinical experience. These aspiring pediatric nurse practitioners are then required to attend an accredited nurse practitioner program which offers a specialization in pediatric nursing. This can either be a master’s or a doctoral program. Once they have their degree, they can then take the certification exam which is offered by the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board.
National Estimates for Registered Nurses in Nevada
|Employment 1||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage 2||Employment per 1,000 jobs||Location quotient 9|
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a “year-round, full-time” hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(9) The location quotient is the ratio of the area concentration of occupational employment to the national average concentration. A location quotient greater than one indicates the occupation has a higher share of employment than average, and a location quotient less than one indicates the occupation is less prevalent in the area than average.
More Nevada Colleges
- How to Become a Nurse Midwife Online?
- Registered Nurse To Bachelor’s Degree
- Online Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Program
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Online
- MSN(Master’s of Science in Nursing)
- Become a Registered Nurse(RN) Online
- How to become a Nurse Practitioner (NP)?
- Online GNP (Geriatric Nurse Practitioner) Program
- FNP(Family Nurse Practitioner)