Ohio Nursing Schools
Getting a bachelor’s of science nursing (BSN) degree is another option that can be considered by candidates who want to obtain a nursing degree. A BSN is perfect for licensed practical nurses (LPNs) who wish to become registered nurses (RNs). A BSN degree prepares these candidates to have a broader overall education and a stronger knowledge base. In addition to the clinical requirements and core nursing classes, general education credits are also required. English composition, social sciences, public speaking skills, etc. are some of the courses that are a part of this degree. A BSN degree allows you to take on a wider range of responsibilities. Once you complete your degree, you can take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX). If you pass the exam, you can obtain a RN licence and start looking for jobs. Some professionals also prefer to earn a specialization in areas like pediatrics, wound care, critical care, or school nurse.
National Estimates for Registered Nurses in Ohio
|Employment 1||Hourly mean wage||Annual mean wage 2||Employment per 1,000 jobs||Location quotient 9|
(1) Estimates for detailed occupations do not sum to the totals because the totals include occupations not shown separately. Estimates do not include self-employed workers.
(2) Annual wages have been calculated by multiplying the hourly mean wage by a “year-round, full-time” hours figure of 2,080 hours; for those occupations where there is not an hourly wage published, the annual wage has been directly calculated from the reported survey data.
(9) The location quotient is the ratio of the area concentration of occupational employment to the national average concentration. A location quotient greater than one indicates the occupation has a higher share of employment than average, and a location quotient less than one indicates the occupation is less prevalent in the area than average.
Learn about financing options available for your education.More...
Figure out if an online college is the right choice for you.More...
What it means and why it's important for your college search.More...
Learn about the skills valued by today's career world.More...
Find and compare individual courses from top schools and providers.More...
More Ohio Colleges
- Bowling Green State University-Main Campus
- Capital University
- Case Western Reserve University
- Franciscan University of Steubenville
- Kent State University at Kent
- Kettering College of Medical Arts
- Medical University of Ohio at Toledo
- Miami University-Hamilton
- Mount Carmel College of Nursing
- Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine
- Ohio State University-Main Campus
- Ohio University-Main Campus
- University of Akron Main Campus
- University of Cincinnati-Main Campus
- University of Toledo
- Wright State University-Main Campus