Capital City: Harrisburg
Population (2019):. 12,773,801; Rank: 6 of 50 | Population Quick Facts
Admission to Statehood: December 12, 1787 (2nd State)
State Motto: Virtue, Liberty, and Independence
State Nickname: Keystone State
Origin of State Name: Named in honor of Admiral William Penn, father of the state’s founder, William Penn.
Area Codes: 215, 267, 412, 484, 570, 610, 717, 724, 814, 878
Zip Codes: Pennsylvania Zip Codes
Flag: Pennsylvania’s State Flag is composed of a blue field on which is embroidered the State Coat of Arms. The first State Flag bearing the State Coat of Arms was authorized by the General Assembly in 1799. An act of the General Assembly of June 13, 1907, standardized the flag and required that the blue field match the blue of Old Glory. Get this Flag
Song: Pennsylvania Written and Composed by Eddie Khoury and Ronnie Bonner
- Area: 46,058 sq.mi (119,290 sq.km.), 33rd
- Land: 44,820 sq.mi. (116,083 sq.km.), 32nd
- Water: 1,239 sq.mi. (3,209 sq.km.), 28th
- Great Lakes: 749 sq.mi. (1,940 sq.km.), 7th
- Shoreline: 89 mi. (143 km.), 24th
Highest Point: Mt. Davis ; 3,213 feet, (979 m.) 33rd tallest
Lowest Point: Pennsylvania; sea level, tied for 3rd lowest
Geographic Center: Centre, 2.5 miles southwest of Bellefonte
- Absolute Center: 40°53.8’N / 77°44.8’W
- Relative Center: Centre, 2.5 miles southwest of Bellefonte
- Distance Between U.S. Cities
- Agriculture: Dairy products, poultry, cattle, nursery stock, mushrooms, hogs, hay.
- Industry: Food processing, chemical products, machinery, electric equipment, tourism.
- White Pages: Pennsylvania White Pages