Travel information for Iowa
- Iowa State Facts General information about Iowa. Includes state facts, symbols, maps, etc.
- Amana Colonies Seven authentic German villages were founded as a religious commune in the mid-1800s and collectively have been named a National Historic Landmark. Purchase antiques, hand-woven baskets, furniture and clocks, and locally made wine and beer. Indulge in hearty family-style cooking, unwind in a quaint bed-and-breakfast or full-service hotel, and take in a theater performance. Recreation opportunities include a three-mile trail and scenic golf course.
- Effigy Mounds National Monument Prehistoric mounds are common from the plains of the Midwest to the Atlantic seaboard, but only in this general area was there a culture that regularly constructed mounds in the shape of mammals, birds, or reptiles. The monument contains 2,526 acres with 195 mounds of which 31 are effigies. The others are conical, linear and compound.
- Spook Cave – McGregor Guided metal boat tours through this cave feature a look at cave formations accompanied by spooky ghost stories.
- Vesterheim Norwegian-American Museum – Decorah More than 23,000 objects and 16 historic buildings make Vesterheim the most comprehensive museum in the United States dedicated to a single immigrant group.
- Pella Pella, reminiscent of the Netherlands with its Dutch architecture, canal, windmills, wooden shoes and tulips, it is a European oasis in the Heartland!